Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Ground Beef
- 7oz Can of Mushrooms
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (for thickening the sauce)
- Chop the onion and mushrooms to your liking.
- Add butter to pan and saute the mushrooms and onions over medium heat until tender.
- In another pan, cook the beef until its browned. It doesn’t have to be cooked all the way at this step. I normally scoop up the grease along the way.
- Add the beef to the onion and mushroom pan along with 1 cup of beef broth, salt, and worchestershire sauce. Get it to boiling and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While waiting for the sauce to cook, set out another pan full of water to boil (with a pinch of salt), and start cooking the egg noodles. Boil the noodles until the texture is to your liking, for me that’s around 10 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, add the flour with 1/2 cup of broth and stir to make into a beef mixture.
- Then add the beef-flour mixture to the pan, stiring constantly. Let it boil for 1 minute to cook off the flour taste.
- Next, add in the cold sour cream to the hot pan, but do not boil the sour cream. Stir constantly until it’s all spread out. Mistakes in this step might lead to clumping in the sauce.