Risotto is an easy meal to make in the instant pot. Recipe from here.
Total Time: 2 hours
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups asparagus
- break into pieces
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 large shallot diced / half a white onion
2 garlic cloves minced
1 cup Arborio rice
2 cups vegetable broth
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Select SAUTÉ, HIGH. Select START.
- Add olive oil to the inner pot. Once oil is hot, add chopped asparagus and cook for about 5 minutes, until slightly tender.
- Remove asparagus and place into a bowl. Set it aside.
- Add unsalted butter to inner pot. Once butter has melted, add diced shallot and cook for 2 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, until slightly tender, until fragrant.
- Add rice to inner pot and occasionally stir for 2 minutes until each grain is coated with butter. Select CANCEL to turn off SAUTÉ.
- Pour in the vegetable broth. Add lemon juice and lemon zest, then stir.
- Secure the lid for pressure cooking.
- Select PRESSURE COOK, HIGH. Set time to 6 minutes (00:06). Select START.
- Once program ends, allow for a 5-minute Natural Release. Then, Quick Release remaining pressure. Select CANCEL.
- Remove lid. Add grated parmesan and cooked asparagus.
- Stir risotto until cheese melts, about 1 minute. Salt and pepper to taste.