Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 0.75 cup heavy whipping cream
- 0.75 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 14 oz can of tomatos
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (don’t have any)
- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- dash of nutmeg
- Cooked Chicken (Optional)
- Cooked Chickpeas
- Start rice in rice cooker. Same volumetric ratio of rice to water.
- Butter the pan and start sauteeing the onions
- Meanwhile, start making the sauce. First by grinding all the almonds into a powder.
- Then take the almond powder, along with all the liquids and spices and blend them together.
- Once the onions are down sauteeing, add the sauce blend to the skillet to cook for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken and chickpeas to sauce to warm up for another 10 minutes.