Pozole is a Mexican soup that contains hominy (a form of corn) along with some meat. You can add plenty of other things to it, but this is a basic recipe for pork pozole using an instant pot based on this recipe.
Total Time: 2 hours
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- cut into 2-inch pieces, any chunks of fat removed
1 can (29-ounces) hominy
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 can (10-ounce) hot or mild diced tomatoes and green chiles
- such as Rotel (1 1/4 cups)
3 medium garlic cloves
- minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp pure chile powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup loosely packed stemmed, fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Prep meat, garlic, etc.
- Throw it all in there (minus cilantro).
- Pressure cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Let rest for 40 minutes before depressuring.
- Add cilantro.